Requirements for obtaining the Professional Practitioner Certification of Tantric Massage
1. Involvement in the group of co-participants of the course
The support and commitment of a group of training participants is one of the basic benefits of the annual Tantric Massage Training. Participation in such a group, sharing acquired skills and learning from each other is invaluable support in the work of a masseur. We will not include criteria for the number of training sessions you have attended, but we would like to feel that you have contributed and benefited in some way from working with a group of co-participants.
2. An essay about your passion for working as a Professional Tantric Massage Practitioner
Submit an essay “About Your Passion” on what tantric massage practice means to you. This can be submitted as a written document or as an audio or video file. The purpose of this is to explain and express your personal passion for tantric massage, how it inspires you, what it brings to your life, what has changed for you as a result of learning and incorporating this practice into your life, and how you intend to use it in your work. This essay may also cover how you intend to use the training and what other training you intend to integrate into this job to develop your own style. Hopefully this will help you crystallize what you offer (or want to offer in the future) and how you will offer it.
3. Written reports from 10 massage sessions
Submit 10 Session Reports from your Massage Session Diary as an example of record keeping that demonstrates your personal offering and style of Tantric Bodywork Practice. Submit each report with a brief explanation of why you chose this particular approach.
The diary is a very useful tool because:
- It encourages you to explain and reflect on what you did during the session
- It gives you a record of what you have practiced with that client
- It gives material for reflection at intervals about the course of the session
- It is a tool that can be referenced and used in certification sessions or with other practices
- It shows tendencies or trends in your practices
- The diary is an essential self-assessment tool
- For professionals, it teaches basic record-keeping skills after each client session.
It’s a good idea to keep record of all sessions, and to differentiate between paid and free sessions or exchanges. After proceeding to the Certification process, you will receive a template of such a journal required later for the certification process.
After joining the Supervision process, you will be provided with a set od editable documents to help you get started.
4. 10 Supervision Sesions
You must complete 10 supervision sessions with the Trainers conducting the Training.
Supervision applies only to paid sessions with clients.
It is suggested to arrange a supervision session after every 3 sessions with clients. You can have them more often if you want. It is required to conduct at least 30 hours of paid sessions during the supervision period.
Supervision will be conducted by John Hawken or Freya Wolna, or Piotr Reisch online tools or, if the opportunity arises, in person. Supervisions can be arranged with a maximum of 3 people.
3 days before each supervision session, send the “Practitioner’s Report to the Supervision Session” to the supervisor (which will be made available to you upon joining the Certification process)
5. Evaluation session of a tantric practice chosen by the supervisor
You will need to give a full massage session to one of the course leaders to experience your competence. They can be scheduled any time after the end of block four. It is the trainer who decides what massage they wants to egzamine. The key aspects of what will be assessed are the quality of touch and how you work and follow the energy present in the session.The cost of this assessment is the same as for a personal supervision session.
To join the Professional Certification process:
- Purchase a Supervision Session from our shop
- After paying the fee, write to email@example.com to arrange a session